For Pulau Seraya Kecil
By ANDREW GREENE
- A guest to Pulau Seraya Kecil needs to book through Gardena Hotel (0385-41-258). There is a minimum two night stay on the island.
- Watch your valuables at all times while at the mainland
. There are many tales of money and cameras being spirited away from locked rooms. Gardena
- There are two airlines plying the route between
Baliand Labuan Bajo. Indonesian Air Transport (0385-41-088) departs Baliat 10.00 and returns from Labuan Bajo at 12.15 daily for Rp 650,000 one way. Trigana Airlines (0385-41-800) has daily flights between the two destinations from between Rp 541,000 and Rp 761,000 dependant upon class.
- It is possible to return to
by air-conditioned executive bus. An all inclusive ticket is Rp 490,000. Jakarta
- Traveling to Labuan Bajo from
by bus is not as simple. Exchanges must be made in Bali and possibly in Jakarta Lombok.
- Snorkeling during low tide on Pulau Seraya Kecil must be done from the beach directly in front of the restaurant. There is a bamboo pole in the water marking the path to the far side of the reef.
- Snorkeling on Pulau Seraya Kecil can be done from anywhere during high tide. The reef is accessible from anywhere during high tide.
This article was published in The Jakarta Post’s Weekender Magazine, June 2007.